Wife to Kate. Mama to Yogi. Reader. Psychologist. Unitarian-Universalist. Foodie. Hot Yogi. Write-at-Home Mom.

The Daybook January 19

Outside my window... it is January for sure.  There's no mistaking it. 

I am thinking...about purpose and discipline and making it happen. 

I am thankful...for this life. 

In the kitchen.... things are getting interesting.  I got the MOST FABULOUS cookbook for Christmas (thanks Kate!) and yesterday I bought Vital Wheat Gluten flour.  Watch out world!  More on that later.
 

I am creating...the best veggie burgers on the planet!  Obviously.  :) 

I am wondering.... why The Bachelor exerts an influence over me that I am powerless to resist.  It is SUCH a terrible show and yet....... I watch it. :(  At least it's not crack, right? 

I am reading... a book I've been saving for more than a year.  If you've been thinking about reading Let the Great World Spin by Colum McCann, don't wait another minute.  The man is a genius. 

I am looking forward to... the mailman.  I've got a book order on the way. 

I am hearing... the washing machine, the soundtrack of my life. 

Around the house... you may find a tiny train anywhere you look.  Deep within the produce drawer of the refrigerator, buried in the laundry basket, or maybe nestled inside an oven mitt.  It's an adventure. 

One of my favorite things... is watching Yogi arrange himself in his own chair with a book in one hand and his milk sippy waiting on the armrest. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: It's been a busy-ish week around here with Kate moonlighting at the hospital on Monday night and being on call this weekend.  The other Book Club Moms and I closed the bar Tuesday night (a fun discussion!) and earlier that day I found out that I don't have rheumatoid arthritis which (if you can believe it) had actually been a possibility.  Whew!  Tonight we're going out to dinner with Kate's colleagues and this weekend Yogi and I will be missing Mommy and looking for ways to keep ourselves entertained while she's at the hospital. 

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing....


¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Music City Mama Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger