Wife to Kate. Mama to Yogi. Reader. Psychologist. Unitarian-Universalist. Foodie. Hot Yogi. Write-at-Home Mom.

Honeysuckle Hill Farm


Fall is my very favorite time of year and from the moment I first thought about having my own kids, I couldn't wait to take them to a pumpkin patch.  I might not have been able to visualize the children, but I could see the pumpkins.  Last year was our first opportunity to do this kind of thing as parents so we carted a two month old Yogi out to Gentry Farms.  As it turns out there is almost nothing a baby can do at such a place, but Kate and I still managed to have fun.

This morning we tried again and at thirteen months, Yogi had a pretty good time.  As you can tell from the image above, we went to Honeysuckle Hill Farm.  I would love to include my own pictures, but after actually remembering the camera (shocker) and dragging it all the way into the farm, the battery was dead.  Completely, hopelessly dead.

Kate and I were pretty impressed with the place; it was huge.  This is easily the kind of spot where you could spend the bulk of the day.  It took about thirty minutes to get to from Nashville, but the facilities were great and the staff was friendly.  Although I'm convinced he can do it and is holding out on us, Yogi is not yet a walker and so his options were more limited.  His favorite part of the farm was where the animals were and he seemed to get a big kick out of watching the baby pigs nose through the dirt.  We also got to see chickens, some very tiny goats and a baby cow.  Kate helped him mine for gemstones (read: splash in the water) and pedal a cart around a very dusty track.  By the time he had cruised around awhile at the Tractor Tire playground it was lunchtime and we headed for home.

I'm thinking we will definitely be back next year.  A walking, one-nap-a-day Yogi will take that place by storm!

¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Music City Mama Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger