Wife to Kate. Mama to Yogi. Reader. Psychologist. Unitarian-Universalist. Foodie. Hot Yogi. Write-at-Home Mom.

The Daybook April 14


Outside my window... the world is both sunny and pleasantly not hot. At the same time. Love when that happens.

I am thinking.... that I should probably cut down on my coffee consumption. Humm....

I am thankful.... that no one besides Kate, Yogi and I have been in my house since Tuesday. Bliss!!!! The remodel is over!

In the kitchen....there are banana muffins. This is Yogi's food of the moment and I've been baking two to three times a week. We've GOT to get a new muffin recipe around here. I just keep baking them because the way he requests them "Muff-eeen!!" is so cute.

I am reading...  pretty much anything I can get my hands on that addresses A. labor and B. toddler behavior. At this moment in the A category I have Penny Simkin's The Birth Partner and Tracy Hogg's The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers. So far, so good on both. I'm eager for a little fiction. Anyone read anything good lately?

I am looking forward to... Kate's plane touching down safely next Tuesday afternoon. In case you're thinking, "Plane, what, at 35 weeks?", I'm thinking the very same thing. Unfortunately, Kate is thinking something a bit different. She will be flying to Las Vegas of all places (professional talk at a conference) on Sunday afternoon. Pray. I will.not.have my baby born in Las Vegas. Did you hear that world?!!

I am hearing.... episodes of Mad Men in the evenings after dinner. This is our new show and so far, so good. We're only six episodes in, but it's certainly interesting. I like the insider view into the time period and the advertising industry, but man oh man, the gender politics. Wowza. Glad I'm not raising a family in the 60's.

Around the house... life is good again. We have order and cleanliness and everyone sleeping in their own rooms.  

One of my favorite things...is sleeping through the night. It's the little things really.

A few plans for the week: It's been a fun week at our house. The main focus has been Monkey prep and we have made a lot of progress. We've got a room and a comfy chair and a pretty stocked closet and a bassinet. The weather has been beautiful which means that we've spent most of our time outside. Lots of walks and  trips to the park and even some visits with friends.This morning Kate and Yogi went to the Zoo for their first Zoo Babies class. They met an owl and a chinchilla and even had some craft time. Tomorrow is the Flower Communion service at church and we're looking forward to that.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing.... my loves.


¡Compártelo!

1 comments:

Leslie

I love it! Thank goodness project Monkey has finished and you can get ready for the arrival. Think Yogi would like kale muffins? You could always replace kale with spinach if kale is too tough (although I'm not sure if they would go as well with peanut butter). We are praying that Monkey stays put until well after Vegas. May birthdays are great ;). Love the photo of Kate and Yogi - such a cute pregnant lady!

Post a Comment

 
Music City Mama Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger