Wife to Kate. Mama to Yogi. Reader. Psychologist. Unitarian-Universalist. Foodie. Hot Yogi. Write-at-Home Mom.

The Daybook January 5

Outside my window.... it is a BEAUTIFUL day.  Bright and only a bit windy and much warmer than it's been lately. 

I am thinking...about goals and the year ahead and alarm clocks and  how to make time every day for writing. 

I am thankful.... for the rhythms of everyday life.  Growing up in the Episcopal church I remember always feeling a kind of glee when we got to Ordinary Time in the liturgical year.  I love Ordinary Time. :)


In the kitchen... life is getting back to normal.  Lots of our favorite dishes on the menu this week.  Tempeh Ettoufee, Roasted Carrot Soup, Kale and Quinoa Pilaf, and Farro with Roasted Mushrooms and Parmesan. 

I am wearing... jeans with quite a bit of flare (are these the Mom jeans of today?  I'm getting concerned, but not concerned enough to buy a pair of skinny jeans), a grey t-shirt and a maroon vest.

I am reading... writing blogs at the moment.  Writer's Digest just published their list of 2011's Top 10 Blogs for Writers.  There is a lot of good stuff here, but my favorites are:

StoryFix - Nuts and bolts advice on writing fiction and getting it published

Courage to Create - this guys tag line is "Writing a novel teaches you how to live a better life" - love him!

Cat's Eye Writer - For bloggers who write and writers who blog

I am looking forward to...
the Montessori Open House this Sunday.  This will be the second school that we've checked out.  So much to learn.

I am hearing...
a chattering Yogi and NPR.  One of my favorite combinations.

Around the house... not a sign of Christmas remains.  I wonder if Yogi misses the tree.

A few plans for the rest of the week.... Kate went back to work on Tuesday so we're getting back in the swing of things.  We spent the afternoon Monday at The Monkey's Treehouse and it was the perfect last hurrah for the holidays.  Yogi had a blast watching the big kids run around, honking the horn on the kiddie truck and discovering the wooden banana in the shortie kitchen.  We will definitely be back.  Yogi went back to school this morning and he was totally pumped, eager to see his teachers, his friends, and yeah....the toys.  This weekend we'll be celebrating Kate's birthday, so good times ahead!

One of my favorite things...my new VitaMix!!!!  Kate is a fabulous Santa.  :)


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
I found this on Pinterest and it suits my feelings about the new year.


¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Music City Mama Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger