Wife to Kate. Mama to Yogi. Reader. Psychologist. Unitarian-Universalist. Foodie. Hot Yogi. Write-at-Home Mom.

The Daybook January 26

Outside my window... I don't know what's going on.  One day it's 30 degrees and the next is 65.  This cannot be good. 

I am thinking.... that perhaps locusts are next.  Not really, but that is what came to mind. 

I am thankful.... for a woman named Christina Katz.  I'm thinking she's a genius and maybe even my new best friend. 

In the kitchen.... I am making my own buns.  Get out!!!  I can hardly believe it myself.  Tonight we will be eating burgers (from the book I was talking about last week) on Agave Wheat buns (recipe from the same book). 

I am wondering.... if Yogi will be speaking in full sentences by the end of the month.  I thought things were moving fast when he was coming out with a new word every day.  Now it seems like there's a handful. 

I am reading... The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach.  I'm actually listening to it, but you know what I mean.  People (The NY Times) are comparing him to Jonathan Franzen, but I think the book is a little more accessible.  If you like a good character study and don't mind a little introspection (read: lots of narrative, less action), then this is another one to add to your list.  I'm on a real winning streak lately. 

I am looking forward to... hearing that my Dad can finally put these terrible shots behind him.  Fingers crossed for his appointment next week. 

I am hearing... an awful lot about Adele these days.  Thinking I need to check her out.  Also Mitt Romney.  Hearing LOTS and LOTS about Mitt Romney.  We keep NPR on in the mornings and some afternoons and I'm thinking Mitt might be Yogi's next word.  How will we all survive the next election? 

Around the house... I can't get the temperature right.  See above. 

One of my favorite things... at the moment is a show called Lie to Me.  Kate and I usually have a show that we watch (primarily on Netflix) and this is the one we're watching now.  It is fabulous and focused on Dr. Cal Lightman and his work as a deception expert.  Tim Roth plays Cal and I think he's captivating.  A downside to watching almost exclusively old shows is that you know that they get cancelled, but we're enjoying it while it lasts. 

A few plans for the rest of the week: Kate is home this weekend so great fun will be had by all.  I'm not sure what form that fun will take yet, but we'll figure it out.  So far the week has held a playgroup with a Chinese New Year theme (who thinks of this stuff?), lots of playtime with Muzzie and Grandpa and a handful of rainy walks.  Yogi has an 8am bagel and park date in the morning.  Looking forward to that! 

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing.... an oldie but a goodie.  Hard to believe that was almost a full year ago.


¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Music City Mama Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger