Wife to Kate. Mama to Yogi. Reader. Psychologist. Unitarian-Universalist. Foodie. Hot Yogi. Write-at-Home Mom.

The Daybook December 15

Outside my window.... it's dark.  The day has been rainy and unusually warm.  Highs in the 60's with only days until Christmas feels wrong.

I am thinking... about packing and the fact that I haven't had time for a shower yet today and how much I love the jambalaya recipe from the Peas and Thank You cookbook (that I talk about ALL the time).

I am thankful...
. for the fact that as I type, Kate is emptying the dishwasher.

In the kitchen... you've got to watch out these days.  In addition to always having Yogi underfoot, we also have Yogi's toys underfoot.  Balls (some plastic and some wooden) and Magic Bullet paraphernalia and even a set of bongos.

I am wearing... old, comfy Adidas pants and a soft brown henley.  Ah lounge wear.....

I am reading... the most interesting book.  It's called Inside Scientology: The Story of America's Most Secretive Religion by Janet Reitman.  If you're fascinated by charismatic leaders who are possibly psychotically bipolar and certainly power crazed, you should read this book. 

I am looking forward to...
meeting this little lady tomorrow.

I am hearing...
the sound of Kate typing beside me and Top Chef: Texas in the background.

Around the house...
all is tidy.  I spent the day getting the house ready for my early morning departure and the place looks fabulous.  Everything is ready for Yogi and Mommy weekend!

One of my favorite things... is this ice cream.  Be still my heart.


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Yogi and his friend doing their job as greeters at church last SundayHow funny are they?  They look like they're in a line-up.



¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Music City Mama Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger