Wife to Kate. Mama to Yogi. Reader. Psychologist. Unitarian-Universalist. Foodie. Hot Yogi. Write-at-Home Mom.

The Daybook December 8

Outside my window... it's pretty hard to tell that we will be lucky to get temps in the 30's today.  After early week rain the sun is lovely.  It is also lovely to be able to get this dog out of the house for a walk.  Baker can be a grumpy man, just ask him.  He's not afraid to let you know.

I am thinking... about the Montessori method and holiday cards and what cookies to bake for friends (any ideas?) and the fact that I don't have the right jewelry for the party this weekend.  Oh well, at least we have a babysitter.  That's the important thing.

I am thankful...
for quality back surgeons.

In the kitchen...life is pretty hum-drum.  Lots of same-old, same-old.

I am wearing... the same sweatshirt that I was wearing when I wrote this post last week.  Humm..... 

I am creating... totally cute (if I do say so myself) Christmas ornaments.  I decided to join in on a Handmade Holiday Swap and I'm making felt trees and snowmen.  I like them so much that I'm keeping a few for our tree.

I am wondering...how to pack more into every day.

I am reading... Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin.  I've never been a fan (I read Something Borrowed a few years back and thought it was ho-hum), but I found this at the library and decided to give it a try.  So far, I'm enjoying the story.  It doesn't hurt that I found out that she went to school at Wake Forest and currently lives in Atlanta.

I am hoping...
that Yogi is totally entranced by our train trip to the North Pole.

I am looking forward to...
all of it.

I am hearing...
the fire and the whirr of the dryer.

Around the house...
it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  We got the tree last weekend and on Monday night we did the decorating.  Everything looks great and turning on the Christmas tree every morning and evening are high points of the day.

One of my favorite things... is watching Yogi toddle around the downstairs with the watering can.  He is very attentive to the hydration level of the Christmas tree.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I'm blaming the holidays, but we are having one busy week around here.  Kate's Dad had back surgery on Tuesday and we hope he will be coming home from the hospital later today.  According to the surgeon everything went well, so far so good.  Yogi was a happy little visitor although he was surprised to see Grandpa in his hospital finery.  Kate and I also did a tour of a Montessori pre-school on Tuesday so we've got a few things to think about.  This weekend we have the hospital Holiday party, a little person birthday party and we're greeting at church.  The most exciting part will come on Saturday morning when we board the train for the North Pole!  I don't know how much Yogi will be into it, but I've heard that it's a great trip so I'm optimistic.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Music City Mama Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger