Wife to Kate. Mama to Yogi. Reader. Psychologist. Unitarian-Universalist. Foodie. Hot Yogi. Write-at-Home Mom.

Little Beauties (Kim Addonizio)



I had never heard of this author or this book, before I saw the cover at the library.  I could only find a small image, but the cover that I saw and that drew me right in, looked like this:



I loved the look of it and when I realized that it was about both OCD and pregnancy, I picked it right up.  The book follows three primary characters who are brought together in a mostly implausible set of circumstances.  The first is a 30-something former kiddie pageant phenom (Diana) who life has been fairly consumed by obsessive-compulsive disorder.  The second character is a pregnant teenager (Jamie) and her unborn baby (Stella) is the third.  A fairly odd cast.

I enjoyed Diana the most, likely bc she was by far the most fully drawn.  Jamie, the pregnant teen was pretty flat and while I like the idea of an infant narrator, it didn't really work so well.  Much of what Stella thought was pretty out there.  Of course, I have no idea what an infant might think about, so perhaps it was right on.  Who knows?

Overall, it was a fun read.  A little weak in places, but an interesting idea.

¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Music City Mama Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger