Wife to Kate. Mama to Yogi. Reader. Psychologist. Unitarian-Universalist. Foodie. Hot Yogi. Write-at-Home Mom.

A Big Part of Writing is.... well, Writing


If you want to develop yourself as a writer, you've got to write.  It's not something you can really avoid.

Right.

So, back to the page I go.  Again.

I've been refreshing myself with The Artist's Way and reminding myself of the importance of Morning Pages.   Julia Cameron (the creator of the book) describes the Morning Pages in this way:

"Morning Pages are three pages of longhand, stream of consciousness writing, done first thing in the morning. There is no wrong way to do Morning Pages-- they are not high art. They are about anything and everything that crosses your mind-- and they are for your eyes only."

I know one thing about these pages for sure.  I know that I feel more balanced when I wake up to the page.  I'm not so sure that it will ever mold me into a fabulous writer, but it might make me a calmer, happier person.

¡Compártelo!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Music City Mama Copyright © 2011 | Tema diseñado por: compartidisimo | Con la tecnología de: Blogger